Thursday, November 29, 2012

12 years

Today has been twelve years since my mother passed away. It's insane to think that it's already been that long. The pain and memories are as fresh as if it was the morning afterward.

I miss her today and everyday, but this year I think about her and my baby girl we named after her. My mother, holding her first granddaughter and giving her all the love and affection I can't express to her. I wonder if in heaven, they're together. Mom was the best. After people die, everyone says the most cliche quote, "EVERYONE loved so-n-so" but in my mother's case, this statement was quite true. Everyone did love her, her colleagues constantly checking in and coming to see us all. She was the type of woman who made everyone smile and laugh. She loved to dance and bake. She was a family woman first and always, but always had time for her friends. She would be the one to sty up at night baking for a cousin's wife's best friend's birthday,  just because it seemed right. She was the love of my father's life and a wonderful example to us all. She showed us strength and courage, but she also showed me it was ok to be scared. Cancer took her from us too early, but her wonderful nature and love has made her stay in my heart and memory forever.

So Mom, can you do me a favor? Hold my baby girl tight since I can't, and know forever that I love you. With all my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment